Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mary Emerson for City Council

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

-- Mahatma Gandhi

After watching city politics for the past few years, I have come to realize that our city and our communities are the direct result of what we put into them. I would like to serve the City by representing you on City Council.

My analytical skills and business experience complement the other skills on City Council. I will fight for fiscal accountability, ensure community involvement in decision making processes, work for transparency of City Government, and advocate for green initiatives.

Please check out my website at:

maryemerson.org

If you like what you see, please help spread the word by talking to your friends and neighbors, endorsing me, contributing or volunteering to work with me on the campaign.

I would be deeply honored to have your vote & your support!

Regards,

Mary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary is a voice of sanity unafraid to speak the truth to the Theater of the Absurd that masquerades as the City of Santa Clara Council.

Using logic, facts & figures, she has been a ordinary citizen's hero in her dogged determination to slow down council's attempt to railroad the stadium plans through.

I don't know Mary personally, but I believe that she has the prespective and maturity to know what's important for the well being of Santa Clara's residents.

kazmmmooooo!!!!!! said...

I do know Mary personally, and can unequivocally second anon's comments.

Buchanan said...

. . . so long as she votes agains't stupid dreams like the stadium she's got my vote !

Wish she'd run for Mayor !!!

Anonymous said...

I have been a Santa Clara resident for the last 12 years and watched the current city council act like the petty bullies they are. Can't stand 'em!

From the BAREC railroading (and by the way, where are all those fabulous houses from SummerHill Homes now that the housing market has tanked?), to the push for peanut vendor jobs at the expense of the city's residents, this city council is THE WORST!
You already have my vote Mary!